A promise is a promise! In my article for lemon curd I said that I wanted to try no-bake lemon cheesecake with lemon curd between the biscuits and the cheese cream. Well…I tried it and I didn’t make a mistake!
It turned out very fresh and very easy. I found a recipe in which you don’t use gelatin to harden the cream but you use white chocolate. I have to tell you that in the end you have a cheese cream with perfect density and incredible taste.
No more talking! Let’s get to the ingredients for this recipe!
Ingredients for the biscuit crust
- 200 g butter biscuits
- 70 g dairy butter
- 50 g no salt roasted hazelnuts
- 30 g powdered sugar
Ingredients for the cheese cream
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 300 g cream cheese
- 200 g white chocolate
- 150 g sour cream
- 30 g powdered sugar
- Zest of one lemon
Instructions for lemon cheesecake
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor and add the powdered sugar and the butter.
- When everything is mixed you add the hazelnuts. I bake them for a while in dry pan and cut them by hand after that. I don’t grind them with the biscuits because I like to taste their crispness. Of course you may grind them with the biscuits if you want. They have wonderful aroma.
- Spread this mixture in a springform cake pan and press it well.
- Then you spread a thin layer of the lemon curd. If you don’t have time to prepare a lemon curd you may use instant or ready-to-eat lemon custard. After that you leave the biscuit base in the fridge while you make the cheese cream.
- Melt the white chocolate in water bath and let it cool.
- Mix the mascarpone cheese and the cream cheese in a bowl and add the chocolate to the mixture. After you have stirred it well add the lemon zest, the sour cream and the powdered sugar.
- Pour this cheese mixture over the biscuit base and smooth it with a spatula. It is best to leave it in the fridge for a night.
- Instead of adding lemon zest in the cheese cream, you may grate lemon or lime on top before serving. I like the taste and color of lime more.
- You may top the cheesecake with lemon curd.
- You may serve the cheesecake with fresh season fruits. I always keep frozen fruits in my fridge (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries etc.) because they are hard to find out of season
- The lemons on my cheesecake are only for the purpose of the presentation and the photo. I removed them afterwards because I doubt it that someone would like to eat a whole piece of lemon.
That’s all for today! I hope you try the lemon cheesecake for your next occasion at home and share your opinion with me.
Wishing you lots of smiles!
Добре дошли в моето място за кулинарна фотография и рецепти. Радвам се, че сте тук и се надявам да ви бъде интересно!
Габриела Христова - Автор на блогаLearn more