I am absolutely adored by the taste of these pumpkin muffins. Their lightness is addictive. The taste of the pumpkin utterly matches the seasonings like cinnamon, ginger and cloves, and raisins complete this perfection. The frosting gives them more lightness and the caramelized walnuts are a bonus or as we say the cherry on top of the cake.
These small cakes are one of my favourite to prepare. They are quick and easy to make and are always very delicious. You can find a recipe for flour-free chocolate muffins in the blog. Below you will see their picture.
I improvised with them and I made my Oreo chocolate muffins as I added a cookie in each muffin. The recipe is the same, you only need to:
- Pour a little of the batter in the paper liners which you’ve put in a muffin tin.
- Add an Oreo cookie (I used the ones with extra cream)
- Cover the cookie with batter so that the liner is 1/3 full
The result is very delicious and impressive. You may see the photo below.
Enough talking! It’s time for pumpkin muffins!
INGREDIENTS for the pumpkin muffins
- 1 tea cup of baked pumpkin puree
- 200 g coconut sugar
- 60 ml melted coconut butter (or vegetable oil)
- 60 ml dairy milk (you can replace it with almond milk)
- 2 big eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g Spelt flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp salt
- A handful or two of raisins (as much as you like)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FROSTING
- 50 g soft butter
- 200 g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE pumpkin MUFFINS
- Turn the oven to 170° C with fan
- In a bowl mix the pumpkin puree, the coconut sugar, the coconut butter, the milk, the eggs and the vanilla extract and stir until they are well combined.
- In another bowl put the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, the cinnamon, the cloves, the ginger, the salt and stir
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and stir until they are well combined
- At the end add the raisins and stir again
- Put the paper liners in the muffin tin and fill 1/3 of them with the batter. They will rise during the baking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the muffins are well baked in the middle. If the toothpick is sticky return the muffins in the oven for 3-4 more minutes.
If you decide to stop here you get these wonderful muffins perfect for breakfast or dessert. But if you decide to pamper yourself continue to read.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FROSTING
This frosting can be used in recipes for different kinds of muffins. You can add orange or lemon peels in it.
- Mix the soft butter and the cream cheese
- Add the powdered sugar in the mixture and stir
- Put the frosting on top of the muffins using a spoon. If you want to decorate them with a piping bag you will need more frosting.
- In a frying pan melt 100 g of sugar at low temperature. Put half of the sugar first. When it melts add the other half.
- Put a handful of walnuts in the melted caramel and stir.
- Spread the mixture on baking paper and wait until it cools completely
- Break it into parts and put them in the blender
- Pulse the blender several times until you get crumbs
- Powder the muffins with the crumbs. The caramelized walnuts on top are like small pieces of amber which make the muffins a real piece of jewelry.
If you like this recipe and make the muffins I’d be happy to be tagged in your Instagram photos.
Добре дошли в моето място за кулинарна фотография и рецепти. Радвам се, че сте тук и се надявам да ви бъде интересно!
Габриела Христова - Автор на блогаLearn more