I have to admit that my love for food photography made me cook more. I make mainly sweet things because I terribly love eating sweets and to me there’s nothing more delightful than a delicious chocolate cake, a cup of tea and a good book or a nice movie.
I like experimenting in the kitchen. That’s why I made the blog. I am not from the people who have the “perfect recipe” and they use only it, and I rarely make something twice. I love trying new tastes, visiting unknown places and learning new things. I am not afraid of the unknown, just the opposite, I am curious what will it bring to me. Cooking with no animal products i.e. vegan cooking is surely an unknown cooking for me. But I can’t deny it my curiosity prevailed again and it was not a mistake. I knew before that confectionery without butter, eggs and cream existed but I somehow couldn’t imagine it. And then came the day that I decided to try it.
This chocolate cake is so moist and rich in flavor. It lacks nothing but a cup of coffee and a good company. And if I haven’t convinced you to prepare it yet look at the photo below. I am in love with this texture.
- 200 g wholegrain flour
- 20 g sugar free cocoa powder
- 160 g coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 60 g coconut butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- 320 ml warm water
INSTRUCTIONS for the chocolate cake
- Turn the oven to 170° C with fan
- Put baking paper in the tray. Mine is 38 cm x 9 cm but you can use another size if you want
- Mix the sifted flour, the cocoa, the coffee, the sugar, the baking soda and the salt in a bowl
- In another bowl mix and stir the coconut butter, the vanilla, the vinegar and the water
- Pour the liquid ingredients in the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined
- Pour the mixture in the tray you’ve prepared and bake for 25-30 minutes. Check if the cake is well baked in the middle as you stick a toothpick and pull it out. If the toothpick is sticky put the cake back in the oven for a couple of minutes. You will know that it’s ready by the lovely crack on top
- Let it cool before you cut it.
If you decide to photograph your chocolate cake I’ll be happy to be tagged in your Instagram pictures.
Добре дошли в моето място за кулинарна фотография и рецепти. Радвам се, че сте тук и се надявам да ви бъде интересно!
Габриела Христова - Автор на блогаLearn more