I am not giving up my style in this recipe. This triple nut caramel cheesecake is quick, easy and very delicious.
The nuts I used are walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts. You may replace some of them with your favorites. What is important is to use unsalted nuts. I took raw almonds and raw hazelnuts and I roasted the walnuts in the frying pan to make their aroma more intense.
The cheesecake base is without any butter and sugar and that makes me very happy. I used walnuts, vanilla extract and dates which give natural sweetness to the base. I advise you to buy Iranian dates with pits. You can find them in every food store in your neighborhood in awfully designed boxes. I recommend them because they are soft, very pulpy, highly aromatic and better than any other I’ve tasted.
For this cheesecake I used unsweetened whipping cream with 30% fat. You may try sweet whipping cream or you may add some powdered sugar if the cheesecake is not sweet enough for you.
Use gelatine to tighten the cheesecake (9 g). I’ve put it in cold water at first and then I melted it and added it to the cream.
Three hours in the fridge will be enough to cut a fine piece of this cheesecake.
Ingredients for triple nut caramel cheesecake
12 pieces/ 3 hours
Ingredients for the base:
- 200 g walnuts
- 200 g Dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the cream
- 600 g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g raw almonds
- 200 g whipping cream
- 1 gelatine ( 9 g)
Ingredients for the caramel sauce
- 100 g sugar
- 20 g butter
- 120 g whipping cream
- 100 g hazelnuts to scatter with
- Bake the walnuts for the base in a dry frying pan for about 5 minutes at low temperature. Be careful not to burn them. Let them cool and put them in your kitchen robot ( blender or chopper)
- Remove the pits from the dates and add them to the walnuts. If they are too dry you may soak them in hot water. Let them stay in the water for a couple of minutes and take them out to drain away.
- Add the vanilla extract and pulse your kitchen robot
- Move the mixture in a loose-bottomed tin and spread it over the bottom and walls.
- Leave it in the fridge
- Put the gelatine in cold water until spongy
- Heat up the whipping cream but don’t let it boil
- Dissolve the gelatine in water bath and add it to the cream
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl and add the honey and whipping cream. Stir them up with a mixer
- Add the chopped almonds to this mixture
- Stir and pour it over the base
- Leave it in the fridge for 2-3 hours
- The caramel sauce is prepared by melting the sugar in thick-bottomed saucepan. Add the sugar spoon by spoon. When the first spoon is melted add the other.
- When it is all melted add the butter and stir
- Preheat the whipping cream a little.
- Take the caramel away of the stove and mix it with the warm whipping cream
- Then put it back and cook it for 3 more minutes while whisking continuously.
- To enhance the sweet taste you may add a pinch of salt to the sauce.
- Leave it aside to cool and when the cheesecake is thickened you can pour the caramel on top.
- Spread the hazelnuts and the dessert is ready!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Добре дошли в моето място за кулинарна фотография и рецепти. Радвам се, че сте тук и се надявам да ви бъде интересно!
Габриела Христова - Автор на блогаLearn more